Sunday, November 6, 2011

Victoria Lenoirre's Perspective on Tyrehl Byk's Catharsis

The week before, I messaged Tyrehl Byk about his upcoming ~Not a Knot submission for the LEA Full Sim for this month. I sent him a notecard with questions, thinking (wrongly) that his gallery would be a 3d gallery. After I sent it and realized he was online (rarely happens for me!), he responded and told me I should see a live performance of his and rewrite my interview questions. Of course, I was a bit embarassed. Lol. But he was pretty gracious about it and he said he'd send me an invite soon. So days before the private viewing of Catharsis, Tyrehl kindly sent me an invitation to his "out-freaking-standing" particle performance. One of the audience called it "hyperparticlism". Nice characterization!

It was a great 24 minute performance. After you sit, Tyrehl takes the helm and controls your camera. So if you follow his directions that he put on the notecard you get upon arrival, your camera should be aimed up about a hundred meters or so into the night sky. Then, the show begins!


The particles are absolutely stunning and awesome (in  the original sense of the word). Make sure you set your particles to the maximum in your viewer to get the full effect. All my pics were taken with low graphics, but if you can...set it at high or ultra. It is spectacular! And don't forget to turn on your music stream!

The concept of catharsis is a wonderful subject for a work of art. Catharsis means "cleansing" in Greek. Watching, I felt like the artist was cleansing his mind of some of the messages that popular culture must've given him. After all the cleansing, you feel like he reaches a place of contentment and tranquility at the end. His final scenes were quite serene.

I love the images he used. His presentation combines religious symbols with more earthly images and symbols. I shan't tell you what they are and spoil the surprise, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely. I sure did! I was blown away by it. So I dubbed him "The Maestro."




The artist himself, after the show.

This is one show you don't want to miss out on! Tyrehl Byk is masterful as he is kind. Excellent, excellent performance, Tyrehl! I give it 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment